The design of your living room is important because it is the first room that your visitors, friends and family will see upon entering your home. So, it should be the first room you set up, arrange and decorate.
Don't know where to start? Here are a few design tips for your living room:
1. You need to decide on the color theme and mood you want your entire house to have. For example, if you want a lightly colored, bright house, your furniture should be lightly colored as well. Choose sofas that are either color white or maybe even a light pink or blue, or a bright shade of purple to really brighten up the room. For the flooring or carpet, choose a light color as well. White or light brown will do, depending on your color preference. The same goes for the curtains and shelves, plus other kinds of furniture. A light-colored carpet and curtain will balance out the other light colors in your living room even if you have two sofas that are two completely different shades of light colors.
If you want a rather dark theme for your home, on the other hand, then, go for the furniture that possesses a dark shade of certain colors, for example, for the couches, you could have a black or brown one. These are good colors for those who want to implement a dark theme because they give a modern look and feel to guests.
2. For the decoration on your walls, it all depends on your style. The design and color of your walls are important. According to a few designers and homeowners, they should be welcoming and attract the attention of your guests.
3. When choosing the flooring, i.e. carpets, the color depends entirely on the color theme of your home, as previously mentioned. However, just keep in mind that your flooring should also be friendly to the feet. You wouldn't want a floor that makes your feet cold that you end up shivering.
4. To further enhance the look and decoration of your living room, consider buying water walls, otherwise can be called wall fountains. Water walls are fountains that have a certain shape so that it can be put up against a wall. Having water walls in your living room make it look luxurious and elegant, plus, it's always nice to have the sound of flowing water indoors, because you would usually hear them only when you are outside of the house, example in your garden or in actual waterfalls. Your guests and family will surely love the sight of water walls in your living room.
You can buy wall fountains anywhere. You can find them in department stores or in famous furniture boutiques. You can even buy wall fountains online! There are several websites that offer wall fountains. They don't come cheap, but since when do elegance and luxury come cheap? If you want to have these luxurious decorations, you will need to have enough money for them. Don't worry about the price, because it's going to be worth it once you place it in your living room. These fountains may also serve as the focal point of the room.
5. There are also other kinds of fountains that you can purchase to further enhance the design or your living room. You may choose to have tabletop fountains, which you can put on a table in the living room, or in the entrance walkway, which is the hallway leading to your living room from the door.