Enchilada Casserole

This delicious recipe came from my best friend Brenna's Mom.  It's easy to make and requires just a few ingredients.  And honestly, I'm not a big fan of enchiladas, but I love this recipe.  I think it's all the extra cheese.  I'm a sucker for anything cheesy.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3-4 cans of enchilada sauce
Corn tortillas (I used about 15)

Before I go on, I must note that you have to use corn tortillas.  I actually hate corn tortillas, but I've tried it with flour ones before and it just doesn't taste right.  Keep that in mind for any enchilada recipe you might make. I've seen some before that call for either flour or corn.  Stick with corn tortillas for enchiladas!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 in. pan

Brown ground beef, strain from grease and set off to the side

Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of the greased pan

Place one layer of tortillas in the bottom of the pan - this involves a tearing up a few tortillas to cover the bottom of the pan

Next, sprinkle about 1/3 of the meat and 1/4 of the cheese over the tortillas.

Cover with sauce and continue layering process (tortilla, meat, cheese, sauce) two more times

Cover final layer of with tortillas and the remaining cheese.  Pour remaining sauce on top.

Bake for 30-35 minutes

And enjoy! (it kinda of looks like mush, but it's yummy, I promise!!)

I eat this dish with a little bit of sour cream and a glass of milk! Another necessity for me when eating any Mexican dish is Valentina hot sauce.  I prefer the "muy picante" sauce, but they do have a milder version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.