A Not-So-Perfect Christmas Tree

I was so excited to decorate for Christmas this year, but so unprepared.  I didn't own ONE Christmas decoration. And for some reason, I thought I'd be able to find lights, decorations, etc after Thanksgiving.  I was so wrong.

I couldn't find any white lights.  I did find blue lights, but I bought them from two different stores and they don't quite match. (Picture below).  I couldn't find a tree skirt I liked, so my tree has no skirt.  I couldn't find a tree topper I liked, so I attempted to make my own bow.  After an hour of trying to make a fancy bow following a YouTube video, I gave up and made a bow the best way I know how - cutting strips, making loops, and tying it all up together.  Anyways, here's my tree and it's ok to laugh:

I kinda like my tree the best with no lights on.  But, it's not even and leans toward the wall behind it.  Poor tree. I tried, I really did.

My homemade tree topper.

I wasn't kidding when I said my lights were two different shades of blue.  The middle strand is LED, the other two are not.  I didn't think it would make that big of a difference. Um, it did.  I looked every where for more blue lights, and couldn't find any, so I went with what I had in order to decorate the tree before the new year.

I have a wreath on the front door and that's it for the outside.  I'm just thinking of my first time decoration for Christmas as a learning experience.  Main takeaway, buy decorations as soon as they put them out before Halloween.  I also plan on looking around to see what I can find on sale after Christmas.  

And friends, we have 9 ft ceilings.  Jon didn't believe me when I said we should get a taller tree.  We brought it home and he realized we could have gotten a taller tree.  And next year, we're getting a taller tree.

But, my Christmas will still be merry, even without the perfect tree! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.