Buffalo Chicken Dip

I've mentioned my work pod breakfasts before, but something else we take seriously at work in my department is celebrating every life event that happens for our co-workers.  Having a baby? Let's have a pot luck! Getting married? Potluck! You just quit?! Yep, time for a potluck.  We basically love to eat at work (we have a joke you gain more weight the first year you work at McKinney than you did freshman year of college).

Today, we celebrated Elizabeth's upcoming nuptials with, you guessed it, a pot luck. For this pot luck, I made one of Jon's favorite dips - buffalo chicken dip.  So easy, so delicious.

Ingredients

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
1 cup ranch dressing
½ cup Franks Hot Sauce
½ cup Franks Hot Buffalo 
8 oz cream cheese 
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

A few notes: You can use canned chicken, I just prefer to cook my own chicken over the canned stuff. Also, homemade ranch just tastes better and I prefer to use homemade ranch if available.  Finally, I've tried using a lower fat cream cheese and Neufchâtel, but it's a different consistency when it melts, so I just stick with the good ol' fattening cream cheese.

In a sautéing pan, add cooked chicken, cream cheese and ranch.  Cook on a medium-low temp, until about half of the cream cheese melts. Add in the hot sauce and let the remaining cream cheese melt, stirring it occasionally.

Once it starts to bubble, add mozzarella cheese, stir and it’s done! If you need to keep the recipe warm for a bit, just throw it into your crockpot and place it on the lowest temp.

Yes, it looks like orange goop, but it's delicious.

Jon made me laugh before I enjoyed my chip.  I had to taste it before I brought it into work! :)


If you like a spicier dip, add more hot sauce.  If you like it more mild, add in more ranch. 

Jon prefers spicier.  And he usually gets what he wants, that little rascal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.