Easy Chicken Casserole

This recipe was inspired by The Girl Who Ate Everything's Poppy Seed Chicken, a Pinterest find. I didn't have any poppy seeds, so I added a few ingredients to make up for it.  Here's my version:

Ingredients:
5 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I used the "heart healthy" version with less sodium)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
1 roll of Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper

Place chopped chicken, mushrooms, and onions in a 9x13 inch pan.  You can cook the mushrooms and onions before, but if you are lazy like me, just throw them in and just cook this dish an extra 15 minutes.


In a bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, lemon juice, and pepper.  Pour mixture over the chicken, mushrooms and onions.


After melting the butter, mix with crushed Ritz crackers.  Cover the dish with the Ritz crackers/butter mix.


Bake 30 minutes (45 minutes if you didn't cook the mushrooms and onions).


I wish we had made rice to go with this dish.  Next time I make it, I'll definitely cook up a side of rice.  And add poppy seeds with the crackers!


Even without the rice, looks like we enjoyed it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.