Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

How was I living my adult life without a crock pot? I'm not sure myself, but all is well in the world now because I received a crock pot from my parents for Christmas. Thanks Mom and Dad! I put my crock pot to good use today and made chicken tortilla soup from a recipe I found on Pinterest.  It was wonderful to have dinner ready when we got home and I can't wait to try out more crock pot recipes.

Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cans Ro-Tel (any kind you like)
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn (I used no salt added)
1 onion, chopped
2 cups chicken broth (I used a low salt, organic broth)
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped

Toppings
Dollop of sour cream
Tortilla chips
Handful of cheddar cheese, shredded


Place ingredients (but not the toppings) in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.  If you are in a rush, high for 4 hours should work. I mixed the ingredients except the chicken together the night before, and then threw the chicken in that morning, set the timer on the crock pot and scooted off to work.

We served the soup with a little bit of sour cream, a sprinkling of cheese, and a couple tortilla chips.  Jon also made some yummy cornbread.  It was delicious, the chicken fell apart, the tortilla chips gave it a little crunch, and I was basically in food heaven.


Is it lunch time yet? I'm already ready to eat another bowl of this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.