Cilantro Lime Shrimp

I've been a bad blogger and haven't posted anything in while.  Work has been busy and I've been sleep deprived, so most of my free time has involved sleep or visiting with my family.  But, a few nights ago, thanks to Pinterest, I found another delicious recipe.  I'm beginning to go to Pinterest first to find recipes instead of the Food Network and All Recipes. This shrimp was so, so good.  I'm a sucker for lime and cilantro.  

Ingredients
Olive Oil (enough to almost cover the entire pan)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 lime, juiced
1 lb shrimp, peeled and devained
A handful of chopped cilantro


In a pan, heat olive oil and add in onion and garlic.  Cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add red pepper flakes and oregano. Cook until onions are translucent. 

Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes begin to look a little wilted. Add shrimp and lime juice, cooking until shrimp is pink. This only takes a few minutes, and honestly, nothing is worse than taking a bite of a rubbery, over cooked shrimp.  

Toss in the cilantro, and serve over rice. Or with shrimp tacos.  However you eat this, be prepared to want seconds.

                                     
Jon said this is one of my better food pictures.  I'll take that compliment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Architecture And Home Interior Design. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.